Saturday, May 28, 2011

How about dinner in half a minute?


Man.  She really isn’t kidding either.  Watch this.

Since I finished reading Julia Child’s memoir, I have been obsessed with watching videos of her on YouTube and learning how to cook French food.  I realized that I have made lots of different ethnic foods before: Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Mexican, German, Italian, Indian, etc.  But my cooking had never before ventured to French cuisine.

I wish I could get my hands on a copy of her first book: Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  I would go nuts.  Oh well.  At least I have the internet to search for websites devoted to information about French food.  Fortunately, some kind souls have uploaded videos onto YouTube of some complete episodes of The French Chef.

YAY!

So I tried the omelet.  Not bad…definitely room to improve, but delicious all the same.  


I also found and tried a recipe for French fish soup this week.  I found it here.  It was good.  I tweaked it a bit by not adding scallops and using milk instead of cream and it still turned out fine.  It was very tasty, in fact. 


More cooking adventures coming soon!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I love seafood soups and chowders. One of my absolute favourite dinners.

    I'll keep an eye out for Mastering the Art of French Cooking for you.

    ReplyDelete