Monday, October 24, 2011

Beef and Barley


Alright.  I know I have said this before…but I truly love cool weather and the foods that come with it.  Soups and stews, in particular. 

My awesome sister who lives in New Zealand recently mailed me a bag of barley.  Awesome.

Of course, this means…beef and barley soup.  How could it not? 

I, again, searched through one of the best food blogs I know.  And again, it did not fail me. 

She does not kid: this is the easiest soup ever to make.  I followed it near exact, with a few added carrots and a couple more cloves of garlic.  It was perfect…


Warm.  Comforting.  Aromatic.  Delicious. 

Served with a fresh slice of buttered bread, (that my husband made-What!? How lucky am I?!) this meal hit the spot. 

It’s definitely on my make again list.  

Find the recipe right here. 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen barley anywhere here! Have you heard of this website? http://www.alishan-organics.com/Alishan2010_organics/about-2/about-alishan/

    They might have some.

    ReplyDelete