Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Wedding



Always schedule enough time between connecting flights.  Always.  Particularly when transferring from international to domestic.  When flying home this summer, Karl and I experienced a small nightmare at O’Hare Airport in Chicago. 

Our international flight landed late, we had to get through customs, check bags again, get to the opposite end of the airport, and go through security again.  In one hour.  We did not make it. 

But!  We did make the flight.  Only because our flight had been delayed.  What amazing luck. 

This stressful first hour back in the U.S. was made up for many times over during our trip.  We were home for the wedding of one of my brothers.  We were thrilled about the wedding, and especially thrilled because we would  see my older sister for the first time since she had moved to New Zealand more than four years ago. 

This family reunion was more than just a reunion though.  In fact it was the first time all of us (me and my eight siblings)  would be together for the first time…because my youngest brother was born about eight months after my older sister moved to New Zealand. 

This was a BIG deal. 

First picture of us all together.
The wedding was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I have ever witnessed.  It was worth every ounce of effort we put into getting there.  And more. 


Our whole trip home was wonderful.  More to come…
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Aaawwww... I loved seeing you again! Skype just isn't the same...

    ReplyDelete